Monday, April 30, 2012

Milestones & Phone Advice

This past week I passed 1662 on Bonnie's odometer. Why is that a milestone you wonder? Well that means that I've matched and surpassed the mileage that the previous owner had put on the bike. It may have legally belonged to me for several months, but somehow this feels like the trial-ownership period is over and the bike is more mine than anyone else's.

I took Sarah for her first motorcycle ride this past weekend.  First just around the neighborhood, then around town to Home Depot, then way across Belton Lake to the biker shindig at Grove Cycles.  It didn't take too long to get used to the extra inertia and I think it may have actually used a more natural roll on the throttle from a dead stop. I had fun and I'm looking forward to more ambitious trips with her.

Photo from engadget.com
I've been contemplating turning in the old Samsung flip-phone for something than can run the Kindle app. There's a lot of downtime in the army, but whipping out a non-military book or regular Kindle is either frowned upon or impractical. But of course, carrying a phone is practically mandatory. I've invested a fair amount in a "digital bookshelf" managed through Amazon so I'd like to be able to access that. I don't really text or play games; any advice on making this 6-year leap forward in technology? So far I've got recommendations for the Iphone, Galaxy Nexus, and Sony Xperia...

Oddometer: 1940 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment