Friday, July 1, 2011

Internet, Mustache, & Incubus

Some have said that I'm online as much from Iraq as I was back in garrison.  That may be true!  But it's quite a bit different for me due to the time difference (7 hours ahead of the east coast) and slow internet speeds (alas; no youtube, hulu, or netflix).  The best way to contact me is through my gmail account, either email or chat.  I have tried and failed to install google voice and video, but skype will sometimes work for voice and video calls dependent on weather and network traffic.  However, I do not always stay logged into skype because it slows my computer down.  She's about to turn 5 and running an operating system that didn't exist when she was built, so I don't hold it against her.

The mustache is reborn once again.  Although it is much more tidy this time in accordance with army regulations.  That and my practical-but-nearly-bald haircut sparked a bit of nostalgia for my civilian hair styles.  My squadmates were amused to see these pictures featuring previous iterations of my mustache:
One of Sarah's visits, Fall 2008
Spring Break 2009
December 2009
Spring Break 2010
Sly Fox Brewery's Incubus is a fruity, ester-y Trippel that didn't suit my palate. The reviews on BeerAdvocate are all over the place with flavor descriptions and I'm finding it difficult to remember if it was pears or coves or banana that I was tasting. But to be sure, there was an abundance of extra flavors to taste though not enough "beer" flavors (the traditional hops, malt, grains, etc). I wouldn't get it again, but I'm still curious about the brewery and their other recipes since this seems to have been a small-batch experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment