Monday, February 4, 2013

Riding Tunes

This past week has been great for riding home in the afternoons. The mornings may be cold or misty and unpleasant, but I'm glad I have the motorcycle when it's time to go home.

unique odometer milestone
I don't have a radio on my bike, but often songs spring to my mind unbidden while I ride. Maybe they come from the circumstances, weather, or things I pass on the road. Here are some examples:

When it rains:

"I've been stranded in the combat zone
I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
Even rode my motorcycle in the rain..."

When I pass an El Camino:

"Storming through the party like my name was El Niño
When I'm hangin' out, drinking in the back of an El Camino..."

When it rains harder:

"Scratch my back with a lightning bolt,
Thunder rolls like a bass drum note.
The sound of the weather is Heaven's ragtime band."

After a while without riding:

Self-Explanatory

Oddometer: 11412

No comments:

Post a Comment