Saturday, April 9, 2011

Peak Trail & Boddingtons Pub Ale

I don't want to give the politicians too much credit for averting a problem they created, but I am still relieved an extension was made in time.

I added a link in my sidebar yesterday, but I thought I should make this overt.  Sarah has a blogger page now!  It's pretty exciting and you can all read her thoughts, musings, and life updates at From The Desk.  Today's post features her reviews of different ways to travel.

This afternoon, I took a trip to the Peak Trail in nearby Dana Peak Park.  I had never been there before and was relying on google maps to get me there.  It felt really good to get out of the city and get some dust on my boots.  You might think that the army would satisfy that urge for me, but alas, my unit is too preoccupied with deployment stuff to even consider it.  Anyway, the "peak" is really not that large and would only take a few minutes to climb if there were a direct route.  Despite the geological disappointments of Texas, it was a fun little hike and I had a picnic dinner of chipotle and water on top overlooking the shallow lake.

On the way back from the hike, I picked up some Boddingtons Pub Ale in pint nitro-cans.  Now this is my first time pouring my own nitro-can and I think I did alright despite my lack of appropriate glassware.  It didn't take as long to settle as a true draft ale, but it was clearly better than a bottle with carbon-dioxide.  I liked it, but not as much as the Belhaven which I found myself comparing it to.  It's a bit hoppier, a bit lighter, and not as smooth.  Still well-rounded and better than average, but I'm not sure where that puts it in my beer preference hierarchy, since most places that carry it around here would also have Belhaven at the same price-point.  Let's take a moment to appreciate that can design, though; could anything be more English?

No comments:

Post a Comment